We are a player development focused league, driving innovation and ensuring every player has a premier experience. We endeavour to be the worlds best provider of competitive opportunities for development and advancement in youth football.
1. Playing environment – we endeavour to create an environment where development comes first. Competition can be fun and players do enjoy winning but we focus our ethos on enabling players the chance to express themselves without fear of making mistakes and without fear of the result. The important thing is we educate the coaches and parents before the season and then throughout the season to allow the players to freedom to develop.
2. Minimum game time rule – every player selected for a match day squad must play at least 50% of the game.
3. Playing over 4 periods instead of the traditional 2 halves – this helps create a window for coaches to work with players to enhance their individual performance and means less shouting from the sidelines during the game
4. Coaching standards – all coaches working in the JPL must be fully qualified to ensure all players receive the best chance of reaching their individual potential.
5. By being player-focused our retention rate for players staying within the game is 97%. This is because players being coached at a higher level means they develop further and therefore can remain in the game at the highest level possible